Re: how best to package when using hardware vectorization with vector-unit specific code?

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Kay F. Jahnke wrote:

> I have code which optionally makes use of hardware vectorization.
> When compiling with Vc, the resultant machine code is for a specific vector
> unit only, like AVX or SSE.
> I'd like some advice on how to proceed to get my code to be easily packaged
> and deployed under the constraints I've outlined.

I suggest you compile all accelerated versions of the code for the
target platform (for eg no SSE on powerpc) into the main binary and
use FMV to automatically select the correct one at runtime:

https://lwn.net/Articles/691932/

--
bye,
pabs