Re: How to deal with arch-specific paths in .install files

On 2017-05-03 20:36, Shawn Sörbom wrote:
Hi
I have a package .install file where a library expects to go into /usr/lib/ x86_64-gnu/[subdirectory] on amd64 systems. I realize this is not portable. What regex can I use to substitute for the arch directory in my .install file?
Thanks,
shawn

I didn't manage to use the install file for this. Globbing is too restrictive an there are various subdirs in /usr/lib. I update the rules file as below:

export DEB_TARGET_GNU_CPU = $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_TARGET_GNU_CPU) export DEB_TARGET_GNU_SYSTEM = $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_TARGET_GNU_SYSTEM)

override_dh_install:
	dh_install
dh_install -p<pkg_name> <source_file> /usr/lib/$(DEB_TARGET_GNU_CPU)-$(DEB_TARGET_GNU_SYSTEM)/

The source_file should not be in the .install file. dh_install will install all others files using (among others) the install files content. Then this very file will be installed using the tuples given by dpkg-architecture.

--
Philippe THIERRY.