About jar of sources

Hi,
in my attempt to package sbt, I have a multi components debian source
package. One of this upstream source tarball provides a source jar file,
which will be used to produce a jar file later on by the build process.
Is it possible to add this file in debian/copyright ? or do I have to
extract it, put directly the source files in the debian component tarball
and at build time, regenerate the source jar file for the upstream build
process to be able to use it.
Honestly, the 1st solution would be nice for me, but I don't believe
d/copyright support that from what I read.
Thanks,

F.