Re: Packaging from Git

On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 10:17:59AM +0100, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> I'm not kidding. With the default dh $@ only line, outputs an error message.
I've explained why. You were not using the tab character. Either the
instructions you are using don't mention that or you missed that part
(also, d/rules is a Makefile and it's useful to know the basic syntax of
Makefiles).

> I've tried not to append the command dh_install ntfsundelete-tree to
> build: section and results the same.
You should use dh(1) instead of trying to write targets manually.

> I don't find any "hello world" example to package a simple script.
That's because in the packaging world a hello world example is a software
project with a proper and correctly written build system (in a simplest
case that's a Makefile with all and install targets, the latter supporting
$(DESTDIR)) and not just a file that the user is supposed to put into the
file system manually. If you don't have a build system you need to do more
work in the packaging system.

--
WBR, wRAR