Re: Fwd: Re: Adequate reports obsolete conffiles: and now what?

hello,

>> However I think the .dist files
>> should be installed in /usr/share and copied from there instead of being
>> installed in /etc.
>
>This is of course the Right Thing to do.  Will implement, thanks!

This is nice, however I think this "workaround" should be dropped post-Stretch
release.
Right now living for an year or two with such conf files, will make people switch
to the new lirc, so an adequate report is not so much a problem to my eyes,
and will remember us to drop the hack at some point :p

cheers,

G.