Re: Backporting shibboleth-sp2 2.6.0+dfsg1-4 to jessie: dh-systemd, piuparts and lintian errors

On 20/01/17 12:31, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html says:
>
>     The postrm script is called after the package's files have been
>     removed or replaced. The package whose postrm is being called may
>     have previously been deconfigured and only be "Unpacked", at which
>     point subsequent package changes do not consider its dependencies.
>     Therefore, all postrm actions may only rely on essential packages
>     and must gracefully skip any actions that require the package's
>     dependencies if those dependencies are unavailable.
>
> This is exactly what happens.  Shibboleth-sp2-utils is removed, then
> init-system-helpers is removed, then shibboleth-sp2-utils is purged, but
> it can't use init-system-helpers to fully clean up after itself.

Ah I see! thanks for the reference :)
Since init-system-helpers is not marked as essential in jessie and is
installed as a dependency during the piuparts test, it gets removed.

> But we'd still need the functionality of dh-systemd in our backport.
> I'll look through #822670 and #837585 for hints.

Just keeping dh-systemd (without version, like I added in commit
518aa2b) in the build dependencies is enough I think. piuparts with
--warn-on-leftovers-after-purge does not report other problems. Will
this piuparts error block the package from getting into jessie-backports?

  Etienne