Re: What GPU can be assumed for autopkgtests

Hi Paul,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 09:17:27PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> It is unlikely any buildd, puiparts host or debci host has a GPU.
> Often they are virtual machines with only serial console for input if
> any. So the safe bet for OpenCL is the CPU-based ICD, pocl-opencl-icd.

OK, seems I'm at least half-way through.  Now I get:

DNA interleaved sequence file, default parameters :
Could not create topdir for cache[autopkgtest-lxc-kivtvg:02003] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unable to start a daemon on the local node in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 597
[autopkgtest-lxc-kivtvg:02003] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unable to start a daemon on the local node in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 168
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

  orte_ess_init failed
  --> Returned value Unable to start a daemon on the local node (-127) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  ompi_mpi_init: ompi_rte_init failed
  --> Returned "Unable to start a daemon on the local node" (-127) instead of "Success" (0)
*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** on a NULL communicator
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (processes in this communicator will now abort,
***    and potentially your MPI job)
[autopkgtest-lxc-kivtvg:2003] Local abort before MPI_INIT completed completed successfully, but am not able to aggregate error messages, and not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed!

I remember these messages in connection with some (other?) package on
autobuilders but I can't make up my mind which one and I'm obviously
doing the wrong web search queries.

Any further hints?

Thanks so far in any case

      Andreas.