Re: Build-Depends vs Depends

Taylor Kline <taylor.kline@utexas.edu> writes:

> Thank you, Octavio. Does this mean apt

You mean ‘dpkg’.

APT is a tool to fetch packages and to make requests to ‘dpkg’. It is
‘dpkg’'s job to do the actual install/remove of each individual package.

> will temporarily install the Build-Depends packages and remove them
> after the installation completes?

No.

The purpose of the build process is to generate a product that is ready
to install. The build dependencies are not needed after the build is
complete.

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\              so, Brain, but pantyhose are so uncomfortable in the |