Re: dput: Call for feedback: What should change? What should stay the same?

Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org> writes:

> Hello Ben,
>
> >I recently donned the mantle of maintaining ‘dput’ and am carefully
> >making improvements. I am conscious of the special need for backward
> >compatibility so I am taking care to understand how the Debian
> >developer community uses it today.

To be clear, I was intending this thread to be a discussion of what
people use the packages for, and what they would like changed.

> ok, I used dput I think version "0.9.6.4ubuntu3" [and found these
> issues]

Some of these are specific flaws you've identified, with specific
changes to resolve them. These will be better as separate bug reports on
the ‘dput’ package.

Would you like me to report them, or will you do that?

> thanks for maintaining it!
> (maybe I'm just doing it wrong, I had a bad experience dated some
> years ago, I switched to dput-ng, and now everything works(TM) )

Yes, this is valuable, and thank you for doing the work to compare and
recod differences in the behaviour of the tools.

--
 \     “I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in |
  `\   my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.” —Emo Philips |