Re: Start to help with a RFA package (or else)

I may need some help to go further.
For now I've managed to:
- Build xmacro in Jessy
- Reproduce the gcc-6 FTBFS in stretch
- Applied the patch with quilt and made it compile on stretch (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=831195)
- Learn some packaging debian-fu

I didn't test the software yet, neither package it properly.
Before doing that I want to be sure the current maintainer is OK for me to adopt the package but he does not answer (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832150)

I am not in a hurry personally but you notified me it should be done before 25 dec. and it can still take time for me to do things correctly since it is my first packaging.
So how can I adopt this package, or do I need to continue even if he does not answer?
Thank you.

Vincent Carluer

Ok thank you :) Let's do this! I will contact the maintainer and hope he will respond and help me to start.