Re: On Drupal8 packaging

Hi Gunnar,

On 19.10.2016 18:33, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> So... Does this sound sensible? Were you in my place, would you submit
> this package to ftp-masters? What would you change about it?

What you describe sounds quite sensible to me, though I haven't
actually looked at the repository.

What's important for ftp-masters about NEW packages is conveniently
documented in the REJECT-FAQ [1].

>From your description of drupal8 I think you should pay special attention
to the following items:
 * PHP License: "The PHP license must only be used for PHP and PHP add-ons."
 * Generated files: In particular some Javascript things seem to require
                    build tools not packaged in Debian.
 * Lintian: "Lintian errors and warnings, without a good reason to ignore
             them, can get you a reject."

About bundling lots of stuff, I think it's not really nice, but sometimes
can't reasonably be avoided. For example, chromium bundles many third-party
projects. The important thing here is to reuse stuff already packaged in
Debian wherever possible to make the work of the Security Team easier.

Best regards,
Andreas

1: https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html