Libraries with "extra" priority?

Dear mentors,

I was looking at debcheck[0] and saw that my package (with "optional"
priority) depends on a package with "extra" priority (libpeas-1.0-0),
which is not allowed by policy.
After re-reading the policy chapter about priorities[1] it seems that my
package is really better off in "extra" since it's "only likely to be
useful if you already know what [it is] or have specialized requirements".

But my real question is: Does it even make sense to have a library with
"extra" priority that does not conflict with another library? The
wording of the policy seems to relate more to applications than
libraries, since users usually don't manually install libraries.
I did not find anything about priorities that is specific to libraries.

One other case where an "optional" package depends on an "extra" library
is gedit, which also depends on libpeas-1.0-0, and I think gedit fits
the criteria for an "optional" priority.

So should I maybe file a bug against libpeas-1.0-0? I also looked at its
changelog[2] and found both
"Bump Priority to optional" and
"Set priority to extra"
in the same changelog entry (1.2.0-1). So maybe it was a mistake?

[0] https://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=gnome-twitch
[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-priorities
[2]
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/libp/libpeas/libpeas_1.20.0-1_changelog