atomic_LIBS (was: FTBFS: how to test fixes)

hi,

On 09/06/2016 12:44 PM, Christian Seiler wrote:
[...]
> I didn't think about adding -latomic to the linker flag list
> directly via -Wl. I just tested your suggestion and it's really
> funny; libtool does mangle your line and separate it into:
>
>  -Wl,--push-state -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-latomic -Wl,--pop-state
>
> but since there's no direct -l argument, it actually does work
> and the things are kept together and in order.
>
> @Muri: use this line in the patch instead:
> AC_CHECK_LIB([atomic], [__atomic_add_fetch_8], [atomic_LIBS="-Wl,--push-state,--as-needed,-latomic,--pop-state"], [atomic_LIBS=""])
>
> That way, the libatomic dependency will only be picked up on
> platforms where it's necessary.

i've created a pull request for that change upstream[0], but the ci
seems not to like the patch:
https://travis-ci.org/dkopecek/usbguard/builds/158517934 - i'm not sure
what to make of that, i don't really see a difference in the successfull
builds and the ones that failed.

[0] https://github.com/dkopecek/usbguard/pull/126

cheers,
--