Re: Advices for packaging a daemon of galileo

Dylan <bob.dybian@gmail.com> writes:

> Some users request the possibility to install galileo as a daemon. I
> do not want to run galileo as a daemon for my own use. So, I created a
> new binary package "galileo-daemon" which configure galileo as a
> daemon.

Thank you for working to improve the package.

Could you instead have the existing ‘galileo’ package install the
SystemD service, but not activate it?

That way, anyone who installs ‘galileo’ can choose whether to enable the
service. You could describe how to do that in the ‘README.Debian’
document.

--
 \     “As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of |
  `\                                       the demand.” —Josh Billings |