Re: [ITA] muse-el, with issues, and questions

On 29 August 2016 at 16:49, Nicholas D Steeves <nsteeves@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm adopting muse-el.  Right now it's a work-in-progress.  The steps I
> took to fixup this package can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/sten0/muse-el
> clone: https://github.com/sten0/muse-el.git
>
> I've also uploaded a package, with "-sa" full sources for review here:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/muse-el
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/muse-el/muse-el_3.20+dfsg-1.dsc
>
> I'm not sure what to make of lintian Error
> "license-problem-gfdl-invariants" against the README.  The README
> says:
>     The Muse manual is available under the terms of the GNU Free
>     Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by
>     the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, and with the
>     Front-Cover texts and Back-Cover Texts as specified in the manual.
>
> Does the README itself also fall under the GFDL or GPL-3?  If not,
> I'll have to add another exclusion to debian/copyright.  Additionally,
> should I break out the documentation into a non-free muse-el-doc
> package?
>
> Finally, is now the time to fix the
> debian-rules-missing-recommended-target warning?  I'm saving homepage
> and Vcs fields for last.
>
> Regards,
> Nicholas

Also in the queue are:
* Add quilt patch to view files with "see" rather than "open".
  (Closes: #720126)
* What about #621697? "byte compile muse-autoloads.el?"  Good idea?
* What about #663750? "muse info file missing" from texi/muse.info?
* What about #720121? "examples/QuickStart.muse png images in package"
  - /usr/share/doc/muse-el/examples/QuickStart.muse uses two image files
    muse-made-with.png and emacs-muse.png

And also possibly integrating the attached authors into debian/copyright.
Muse
====

This is a listing of those who have made contributions of code or
documentation to Muse.

John Wiegley: Original author

Michael Olson: Current maintainer

Adrian Aichner: Contributor:
                 - muse-publish.el: 2 lines changes

Florian Beck: Contributor:
               - muse-regexps.el: 1 line changed

Karl Berry: Contributor:
             - muse-latex.el: 5 lines changed

Jean Magnan de Bornier: Author of muse-context.el,
                        Contributor
                        (assigned past and future changes)

Trent Buck: Contributor:
             - muse-latex.el: 4 lines changed

Sacha Chua: Contributor -- documentation
            (assigned past and future changes)

Brad Collins: Author of:
               - muse-protocols.el
               - examples/muse.rnc schema
              Contributor
              (assigned past and future changes)

Li Daobing: Author of muse-mathml.el,
            Contributor
            (assigned past and future changes)

Wang Diancheng: Contributor:
                 - muse-publish.el: 1 line changed
                 - muse-regexps.el: 6 lines changed

Clinton Ebadi: Contributor:
                - muse-html.el: 4 lines changed
                - muse-latex2png: 3 lines changed

Bastien Guerry: Contributor
                (assigned past and future changes)

Magnus Henoch: Contributor:
                - muse.el: 1 line changed

Yann Hodique: Author of muse-wiki.el,
              Contributor
              (assigned past and future changes)

Markus Hoenicka: Contributor
                 (assigned past and future changes)

Andrew J. Korty: Author of muse-groff.el
                 (assigned past and future changes)

Sasha Kovar: Contributor
              - muse-blosxom.el: >15 lines changed

Bradley M. Kuhn: Contributor -- documentation
                  - muse.texi: 9 lines changed

Peter K. Lee: Contributor
              (assigned past and future changes)

Na Li:       Contributor:
              - muse-latex2png.el: 1 line changed

Phillip Lord: Author of:
               - muse-split.el
               - muse-protocol-iw.el
              Contributor
              (assigned past and future changes)

Chris Lowis: Contributor:
              - muse-latex2png.el: 1 line changed

Deus Max: Contributor:
           - muse-publish.el: 2 lines changed

Evan Monroig: Contributor:
               - muse.el: 2 lines changed

Alex Ott: Contributor:
           - muse-html.el: 13 lines changed
           - muse-publish.el: 2 lines changed

Jim Ottaway: Author of muse-backlink.el,
             Contributor
             (assigned past and future changes)

Elena Pomohaci: Author of:
                 - muse-import-docbook.el
                 - muse-import-xml.el
                (assigned past and future changes)

Andrea Riciputi: Idea taken from code, but re-implemented

Stefan Schlee: Contributor
                - muse-mode: >15 lines changed
                - muse-protocols.el: 1 line changed
                - muse.texi: 7 lines changed
              (assigned past and future changes)

Per B. Sederberg: Contributor
                  (assigned past and future changes)

René Stadler: Contributor:
               - muse-journal.el: 1 line changed
               - muse-project.el: 1 line changed

Dale P. Smith: Contributor
               (disclaimed changes to Emacs)

John Sullivan: Contributor -- documentation
               (assigned past and future changes)

Ganesh Swami: Original author of latex2png.el, which was the basis for
              muse-latex2png.el.  It has since been extensively
              rewritten, so we no longer need an assignment.

G. J. Teale: Contributor:
              - muse-project.el: 2 lines changed

Sebastian Tennant: Contributor -- documentation
                    - muse.texi: 4 lines changed

Gary Vaughan: Original author of emacs-wiki-blosxom.el, which was the
              basis for muse-blosxom.el
              (assigned past and future changes)

Sergey Vlasov: Contributor:
                - muse-colors.el: 3 lines changed

Valery V. Vorotyntsev: Contributor:
                        - muse-protocols.el: 7 lines changed

Charles Wang: Contributor:
               - muse-html.el: 4 lines changed
              (assigned past and future changes)

Lan Yufeng: Contributor:
             - muse-colors.el: 1 line changed

Contributed software

This is a listing of authors of software in the `contrib' directory.

Nathan Kent Bullock: pyblosxom/getstamps.py, pyblosxom/hardcodedates.py

Cameron Desautels: pyblosxom/metadate.py

Mark Ivey: blosxom/metadate_0_0_3

Eric Marsden: cgi.el, httpd.el
  (assigned past and future changes to FSF)

Michael Welle: blosxom/getstamps.pl