Re: reproducible-builds

Am 2016-07-19 11:29, schrieb Dominique Dumont:
On Monday, July 18, 2016 6:20:51 PM CEST Herbert Fortes wrote:
dvbackup

Is this package worth the effort ?

Not a user myself, but the package is already in the archive (it's
not an ITP), and I think reproducibility for _all_ of Debian is a
goal we should want to obtain. I don't think having a package that
does not build reproducibly in Debian should be a thing in the
long run: either the package is made reproducible, or the package
should be removed from the archive. Obviously this won't happen
any time soon, because we still aren't close enough to 100% and
some infrastructure bits are still missing. But I believe this
really should be a long-term goal.

Is there anyone left who use DV tapes to perform backups when a 16GB thumb drive has more capacity and is more practical for this purpose than a DV
camcorder ?

I doubt that many people will want to use this tool to create a
new backup solution - but as this package has been in the archive
for more than a decade, many people might still have old backups
on DV, and may want to read their old backups with a current
Debian version.

Regards,
Christian