Re: more recent version with python3 support

> I have some nitpicks :)
> "usign" <-- typo
>
> "python" "python3" should be used with upper case "P"
>
> I did a debdiff between unstable and mentors, and I see many print that aren't Python3 ready
>
> (not really sure if and when are used in the code)
> -...     print 'somefile', 'is locked already.'
> +...     print "somefile", "is locked already."
>

> $ python -c 'print "somefile", "is locked already."'
> somefile is locked already.
>
> $ python3 -c 'print "somefile", "is locked already."'
> File "<string>", line 1
> print "somefile", "is locked already."
> ^
> SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'
>

> so, even in case that this is just documentation, I think it would be nice to ask upstream
> to convert it in a common syntax between Python2 and Python3
>
> thanks for the nice work!
> (and sorry for nitpicking on a fellow DD)

Yes, is between """.  And the upstream did not edit it to Python3:

$ less notification/lockfile.py

 """
lockfile.py - Platform-independent advisory file locks.

Requires Python 2.5 unless you apply 2.4.diff
Locking is done on a per-thread basis instead of a per-process basis.

Usage:

>>> lock = FileLock("somefile")
>>> try:
...     lock.acquire()
... except AlreadyLocked:
...     print "somefile", "is locked already."
[...]
"""

I did a 'dcut cancel' and will do a closer look
as you did.

regards,
-- Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto (hpfn)