Re: Orphaned sysvinit package

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Dmitrii Kashin wrote:

> Orphaned sysvinit package

sysvinit is not orphaned, but the current team is looking for new
people to join the team:

https://bugs.debian.org/811377

> I was looking through opened bugs in the bug tracker and think I could
> fix some of them.

Excellent.

> Who could I ask to help me to upload fixes? Thanks.

I would suggest contacting the bug I linked to above and offering your
assistance. Then create alioth and savannah accounts and request
membership in the Debian and upstream projects for sysvinit. Once you
have done that, fix bugs upstream, make new releases and file RFS bugs
on this list if none of the team are Debian uploaders that are willing
to sponsor uploads.

--
bye,
pabs