Re: Importing ubuntu package

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:

> What is common practice about adopting ubuntu packages? I want to
> adopt ubuntu `btpd' package, but it already have it's changelog. I
> think it would be impolite to just discard it. What is recommended way
> to follow Debian policy and still make a credit to previous
> maintainer?

Normally I would suggest:

Discuss it with Cesare Falco, who appears to have done most of the
work in Ubuntu.

Download the Ubuntu source package and continue from there, keeping
the changelog entries.

However, Cesare hasn't done anything since 2010 so you probably don't
need to contact him.

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/b/btpd/btpd_0.16-0ubuntu2/changelog

FYI, usually this is expressed with these mail headers:

Reply-To
Mail-Followup-To

--
bye,