Re: phonetisaurus in unstable

Hi Jakub,
	thank you for your comments.

On 05/06/2016 13:35, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> In #825236, Giulio asked me about uploading phonetisaurus to unstable.
> If I were the maintainer, I would hesitate to make such upload until the following is done:
>
> * 1001_fix_binaries_return_values.patch is accepted upstream. (Are they alive?)

They are alive (latest commit in their repository is from 3 months ago), although they have not made any proper release since a long time.

They indeed accepted that patch a few years ago, however I noticed they reintroduced the same error in phonetisaurus-align later.

I will try to understand if they are planning to release a new version. :-)

> * The system-wide UTF8-CPP is used, instead of the embedded copy.

You are right, I updated the sources in the git repository accordingly.

> * There's at least a minimal automated test suite.

This seems to be the major blocking issue. I will try to provide some tests.

> BTW, the small change I made to the 0.7.8-2 changelog (see the bottom of #701679) seems to have been lost...

Now added in the git repository as well. :-)

Bests,
Giulio