Re: Please help creating shared *and* static library with cmake

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 06:13:13PM +0200, Joachim Reichel wrote:
> in the "cgal" package I basically build the package twice:
>
> override_dh_auto_configure-arch:
> 	mkdir -p static
> 	cd static && cmake .. -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=FALSE
> 	mkdir -p shared
> 	cd shared && cmake .. -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=TRUE -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=TRUE
>
> override_dh_auto_build-arch:
>         $(MAKE) $(NJOBS) -C static
>         $(MAKE) $(NJOBS) -C shared
>
> override_dh_install-arch:
>         $(MAKE) -C static DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp install
>         $(MAKE) -C shared DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp install

Thanks for the hint.  I wanted to avoid this two step build and was
hoping to find a solution without the overrides dealing with each build
twice.

> Not sure what you mean with "found a patch to create a shared library". Are you
> saying that your project files do not support -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS?

This patch

   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/libsdsl.git/tree/debian/patches/dynamic_lib.patch

turns the build from static (default) to dynamic.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de