Re: Git-buildpackage question: tracking upstream git and tarballs

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> If you do this and intend to make your source package's repository easy to use
> for collaborative maintenance, it will be good to document this workflow
> somewhere (perhaps README.source ?) since it is not standard.

Agreed. If getting a ready-to-modify-then-build working tree is any more
complex than simply ‘dget -x path-to-the-source-package’, the extra
steps should be documented in ‘README.source’.

> Otherwise, people may run gbp import-orig and waste time wondering why
> it did not work as expected.

The ‘gbp’ tool is also not standard, so I think such people would have
unreasonable expectations.

--
 \       “In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In |
  `\   [the USA], capitalism triumphed over democracy.” —Fran Lebowitz |