Re: Advice needed to put mailfilter in the pool

* Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org> [2016-04-04 09:17 +0000]:

> Hi dear Joerg and Ricardo, do you have any issues in having me sponsoring the debdiff?
>

> The debdiff looks really good, however some things needs changes/comments:
>
> 1) adding yourself to uploaders needs an ack
> 2) this seems to be otherwise an NMU, and I would prefer a puntual fix.

Please be in mind that the fix is a new upstream version. We have to
to upgrade from 0.8.3-1+b1 to 0.8.4-1, though.

> However, since the debdiff of the new release is mostly due to autogenerated files, with two little
> changes, we can consider an NMU doable, even if I would prefer one maintainer acking yourself
> stepping in as uploader.
>
> you did a nice job here, I have nothing to add except of:
>
> a) did you forward patches upstream?

No. I cherry picked the fix from upstreams svn repo and made this
patch public via #812668 for testing

> b) I usually prefer autoreconf instead of autotools-dev
> c) instead of override_dh_clean I prefer a debian/clean file

I only changed needful entries in d/r for fixing
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778264 as well

> b and c are just suggestions, while I would like to have an answer for a, and for point 1/2 from
> the actual maintainers/uploaders.
>
> cheers, and thanks for the nice work there.
> (I could upload on deferred maybe, since this is an RC bug, but I won't do it with you as uploader, I
> will convert in an NMU upload then)

Thanks for the support.
Elimar
--
  355/113: Not the famous irrational number pi,
           but an incredible simulation!