Re: Packaging pythonpy

Gianfranco,

On 25 March 2016 at 19:07, Gianfranco Costamagna
<costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:
> up to your sponsor :)

Tried one or two new approaches and it didn't worked. In the I've
created a patch[1] changing "#!/usr/bin/env python2" to
"#!/usr/bin/env python". This should work as long as Python 2 is the
default interpreter, something which may change in the next years, but
isn't a problem at least for Stretch.

I'm all in for another options if someone doesn't like this patch.

> swap Files: debian/*
> and Files: *
>
> first the more comprehensive and later the less.
> (lintian might be more specific)

This is awesome. I would never figure out by myself that it was so
simple to fix. :-)

> I did fix the python apps in blah section with section "utils", and uploaded on debomatic again.
> Now that lintian warning is not there anymore.

Yup. I've did that as well[2].

> (I won't download the package, I think I already answered the points)

No problem. You answers were very helpful, as always.

I've uploaded a new version of the package to mentors.d.n[3]. There
are the following lintian messages now:

* "newer-standards-version": which can be ignored, as mentors.d.n
doesn't consider 3.9.7 as the current standard.
* "debian-watch-file-is-missing" and "no-upstream-changelog": which
will be fixed in the near future with upstream help regarding tagged
releases.
* "binary-without-manpage": which I'll be fixing, adding a manpage
before submitting an RFS.

Thank you very much, Gianfranco!

Regards,
Tiago.