Re: git-buildpackage pattern question

Le Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 06:43:58PM -0700, Sean Whitton a écrit :

> In my usage of git-buildpackage, I've been using a different approach to
> that suggested by Russ and I thought it might be useful to share it in
> this thread.
>
> I think of (local) branches as things that I expect to make commits to,
> and use tags to keep track of work done by upstream that is read-only
> from my point of view.  So in my repository I have all of upstreams tags
> (1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.0.2 etc.) and a master branch which contains both
> upstream's code and my debian/ directory.  There is no upstream branch.

Hi Sean,

not to nitpick your workflow itself, but I was wondering: with your approach,
what is the advantage using git-buildpackage instead of simply
`dpkg-buildpackage -i -I` ?  For the sake of curiosity (and sorry to sidetrack
the thread), what `gbp` commands are you still using in your workflow ?

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy