Re: how to take advantage of uscan for git upstream source with only commits (read no tags) ?

Hello:

On 01/03/16 17:50, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-03-01 at 17:04 +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>
>> Of course, the version is somewhere in the source:
>> the issue would be solved if the automates could play with the involved file.
>
> pagemangle should be able to take care of that.
>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=802176
>> https://github.com/IDRSolutions/maven-OpenViewerFX-src
>
> I couldn't resist trying out the new uscan features to come up with
> something that works. It grabs the version out of the pom.xml file but
> always downloads the master.tar.gz file:
>
> version=4
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IDRSolutions/maven-OpenViewerFX-src/master/OpenViewerFX/pom.xml \
>
> It is extremely hacky,

At least too hacky for me:
I have just tried to download the source, I get

 Parameter ../6.10.26 does not look like a tar archive or a zip file. at /usr/bin/mk-origtargz line 375.

Let get more hacky: what must be added to be able to download ?

please talk to your upstream about tags/releases.

I have already tried this part of the story, but no success so far.

Thanks,
Jerome