Re: Packaging from Git

On 20/12/16 15:25, Adam Borowski wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:00:20AM +0100, Narcis Garcia wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to maintain a small project in my public Git, and to
have an easy way to build a package for Debian OS obtaining a good/clean
result.

Even just using git directly without any helpers is, IMO, much better -- you
can conveniently transfer patches both ways between your and upstream
repository, at every point you get an appropriate form for modification --
you can just hack on the code (with something quilt-based you need to
finalize patches after every incremental edit), etc.

Well then I'm not alone. Basically, this is what I do, adding the "upstream as a submodule" idea to the mix.

Cheers!

--alec