Re: Help: r-cran-treescape does not build on i386, armel and armhf any more

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I admit I do not only lack the hardware I'm also lacking experience to
> track down this kind of problems.  I discussed the issue with upstream
> and they also do not have any clue.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.

Looking at the build logs, even the architectures that succeeded are
getting the warning about X11. So that is completely unrelated and the
issue is the segfault not the xvfb stuff. Someone need to run the
crashing program under gdb and debug the crash.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=r-cran-treescape&arch=arm64&ver=1.10.18-1&stamp=1481535210

If you can't find someone to help out, the only option to solve the RC
bug is removal from those architectures:

https://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

Also, you build-depend on xvfb but I can't see it being used at all in
the build log nor the packaging:

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=package%3Ar-cran-treescape+xvfb

--
bye,