Re: Problems to import origtar with gbp import-orig (Was: ncbi-blast+ new upstream version git import merge error)

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 09:08:51AM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> >> As there is not enough data in the message, I'm assuming it's about the
> >> published repo.
> >> The upstream/2.4.0 tag is not merged into master so the debian/2.4.0-*
> >> tags are not its descendants. This will not work properly.
> >> Try merging that tag into master now, before importing the new version,
> >> this will probably help.
> In my case, trying with the replace option for the merge worked
You should not do such things without understading the problem first.
In the case of ncbi-tools6 this would lead to a loss of code changes.

> I gonna go with this option, but would be nice to have
> merge issues displayed (or saved in a file)
As I already said, you can pass --no-rollback and investigate the
conflicts as usual.

--
WBR, wRAR