when salvage a package?

Hello

I was tempted to do a QA upload for ora2pg [0], which is nice software because
helps people to move out from Oracle DB, but the popcon value is very low (< 12) [1]
and the package has only one bug open, an automatic RC bug [2], that shows
that doesn't have many users out there.

The software is outdated, and the maintainer O the package. I wonder
if salvaging the package is the right thing to do or should let it die
or even  RM after Stretch

TL;DR
I want to salvage a package but (maybe) nobody uses it, should I do salvage it anyway?

[0] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ora2pg
[1] https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=ora2pg
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=833249

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333

keybase: https://keybase.io/gfa