Re: Copyright for Autoconf stuff

wferi@niif.hu (Ferenc Wágner) writes:

> The license and the copyright of these files is pretty much the same all
> the time (some details can depend on the date).

It's part of the package maintainer's job to confirm that's the case for
this specific package, and document it in ‘debian/copyright’ so others
can verify that work.

> However, tracking this all properly in the copyright files of all
> packages using Autoconf takes a huge amount of work.

Is anyone asking you to do it for “all packages using Autoconf”? I
missed that.

You can do it for this package and let the maintainers of other packages
do the work for those.

--
 \     “Capitalism has destroyed our belief in any effective power but |
  `\      that of self interest backed by force.” —George Bernard Shaw |