Re: Best GPG practices before sending computer to maintenance.

Hi,

Quoting Charles Plessy (2016-11-12 06:06:13)
> the laptop that I use mainly for Debian development will go to hardware
> maintainance tomorrow.  I will of course remove my .gnupg folder, but out of
> curiosity I wonder if there are better practices.  The mass storage is a SSD
> that I am not going to remove it before sending the laptop.

 - remove that SSD
 - use full disk encryption
 - mirror the SSD content to another media (using dd or some such) and then
   wipe the whole disk with zeros

If you are just worried about GPG, then removing .gnupg should be all you need
to do.

cheers, josch