Re: Scala 2.10

On 11/11/2016 03:08 AM, Marko Dimjašević wrote:
> # Adding debian-mentors
>> /build/scala-2.10.5/build.xml:218: Directory /nonexistent/.m2/repository
>> creation was not successful for an unknown reason

pbuilder sets the home directory of the pbuilder user to /nonexistent
to make sure that builds don't modify files in the home directory,
which is forbidden by Debian Policy (for good reason builds are not
supposed to change things outside the build directory). In your case
the build process does try create the directory $HOME/.m2/repository,
and that fails because of this. So in this case pbuilder caught the
problem very early.

I'm not in the Java packaging community, but from a little searching
.m2 appears to be created by the Maven build system, and I know for
sure there is software packaged in Debian that uses Maven, so maybe
you'd want to take a look at those packages how they do their build.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Christian