Re: Build-Depends on source itself

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> for one of my package, libgap-sage [1], the source material used for build
> is in fact seded meterial from an other package, gap: grossely the sed process
> is the main part of libgap package: is there a standard way to use the Debian
> source package of gap inside my own package libgap-sage ?
> Any hint or example is welcome.

At this time there is no way for source packages to build-depend on
other source packages.

The most often used workaround for this is binary packages with
-source at the end of their names:

$ aptitude search -- -source$

If you can provide some details about your situation, we can probably
find a better solution.

--
bye,
pabs