status in luakit

Dear mentors

I am trying to adopt the browser luakit. I have been keeping track of
upstream to see if there is a new release coming. There has not been
one in a few years and it is still using webkitgtk-1.0. So far there
has been no move to upgrade the browser. There is a developer who has
forked the project and has ported it to webkit2gtk but he is not
interested in producing a stable release. I really would like to see
the browser stay, but I just do not think there is going to be a
change soon. I wondering should I just move on?

Any advice would be appreciated
Herminio