Re: Version comparison with "+repack"

Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 12:26:09PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

>> > The best way I don't know, but I would put the RC number at the end,
>> > i.e. 7.5~rc+repack2 for RC2, 7.5~rc+repack3 for RC3 and so on.
>>
>> IMO this is not a good idea since it suggests that we now have the
>> second repack of the RC.
>
> agreed.  What about
>     7.5~rc.2+repack
> ?
>
> The full stop is ugly at my eyes, but does the work and there are worse
> things in the world.

This is probably the best compromise; hopefully an RC will not remain
there for long anyway.

I am however wondering about this case since it shows a descripancy
between the common usage of "+" (being the delimiter between original
upstream version and debian specific removals) and the ordering
procedure... I will probably file a bug against the Debain Policy :-)

Best regards

Ole