Re: pacakge suffix: noSOMETHIN vs bare (or something)

* Jerome BENOIT <sphericaltriangle@rezozer.net>, 2016-09-09, 13:45:
I am packaging a software of general use which can be or not built against a quite heavy library targeting a minority. I plan to provide two versions of the package: you got it, one without support of the concerned library; one with support. A suffix must be added to the packages to distinct them, my issue is which one to choose. If the library was X, it would be -nox and -x11. For the package supporting the library I plan to append the suffix -[LIBRARY SHORT NAME]. Concerning the other one, I am wondering if -bare or -pure (or something) would be a better choice than -no[LIBRARY SHORT NAME].

It depends. Please tell us which package is that, and what library is that.

(And in general, anonymizing your question is counterproductive most of the time. You're literally spending your energy on making the question harder to answer...)

--
Jakub Wilk