Re: create Debian Source from GIT repository without tag

On 15 August 2016 at 17:24, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:

>> > git archive would be enough, you don't need uscan for that.
>> > You can't have a debian/watch in this case, of course.
>> >

>> Do you have a example or a wiki in mind ?
> Um. git archive <commit ID> | xz > foo.tar.xz, I guess.

I did attempt to automate such tasks a couple of time for
Ajenti-related packages (I haven't finished packaging Ajenti itself —
any takers by the way?): python-catcher, python-exconsole,
python-reconfigure (have a look at debian/rules:get-orig-source).

--
Cheers,
  Andrew