Re: same upstream version but different orig.tar.gz

Herbert Fortes <hpfn@ig.com.br> writes:

> So I did a new Debian revision after the +dfsg.orig.tar.gz file be
> replaced.
>
> I just did a 'debdiff' to check the differences between the Debian
> revisions, and of course, the output is:
>
> dpkg-source: error: file webcamoid/webcamoid_7.2.0+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
> has size 3160998 instead of expected 3148208
> [...]
>
> Is this a big problem ? (replace a +dfsg.orig.tar.gz file
> with the same upstream version)

You can work around this locally by rewriting your .changes files; the
changestool utility in the reprepro packages can help with that.  But
you won't be able to upload different files with the same name.  The
usual solution is adding a numeric part to the version after +dfsg, like
+dfsg1, and incrementing that on each change to the tarball.
--
Feri