Creating packages for one of my C project

Hi.

First, let's be clear. I currently do not want to have an active activity as a Debian maintainer. I recently created a free/libre C project, and I would like to create clean Debian packages for it, and integrate them in Debian main. I have no problem to be the maintainer of them, but currently I do not want to be the maintainer of project(s) made by third parties. I never created a package for a distribution.

My project is composed of 2 parts: a core part (the logic of the application) and a SDL part (a graphic view for it).
https://gitlab.com/RyDroid/PlanetWars2dRT-core
https://gitlab.com/RyDroid/PlanetWars2dRT-SDL2
This are both C projects buildable with CMake, so they have a lot in common for the build part. So I first would like to do packages for the core part (because the SDL part needs core), as I suppose that the SDL part will be very similar.
I would like to create 3 packages for the core part: lib (for the shared library object), dev (for headers), and doc (for documentation generated by doxygen).

I would like to do a fully automatic process.
I first created a package with CPack invoked by CMake, as it seems simple and because CMake is the build system used by my project. It works, but the package has not a good quality (lintian reports errors and warning), moreover it seems that CPack is too limited to fix them.
So I read maint-guide-fr to create a package without CMake. I created the basic files need (see package folder in the source tree). But then I am confused with the many different tools available and how I can make at least one of them used what is already done (CMake builds the shared library, and "configures" the file for pkg-config and manual files for Debian packages) and make generates the documentation (with the doc rules).
That is why I am posting to this list: I want help to finish the job (hints, similar example, etc).

I am running on Debian GNU/Linux 8 and Trisquel 7 (based on Ubuntu 14.04).

Regards.