backport questions

Hello mentors,

I would like to backport Shibboleth packages [1] to jessie and wheezy.

- What branch name should I use?
Documentation for git-buildpackage [2] says "debian/<release>" so that
would yield "debian/jessie-backports-sloppy", but I've seen
"backports/<release>" earlier so I'm unsure.

- Can I push the backport branches to the repositories in [1]?

- What should the changelog entry look like? "Backport to <release>"?

- Are older "backport" changelog entries kept or removed when a new
version is backported?
The Backports contribution doc [3] says:

> Backports of an updated version of a package that was backported
> before may have a changelog that merges entries of backports of
> previous versions, but this is not required.

but I can't make sense out of this...

Thanks for your help,
  Etienne

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-shibboleth/