Re: Blocked bugs

On 07/04/2016 09:13 PM, Herminio Hernandez Jr.  wrote:
> I placed an ITP for a package call mbpfan. I then made sure my
> package had lintian errors and updated the change log noting that
> packaged fixes the ITP bug and uploaded to the debian-mentors site. I
> then placed an RFS bug for the package. This morning I received a
> notice that my ITP bug is blocked by my RFS bug. Did I forget
> something?

No, that's perfectly fine. Bug A blocks bug B just means that bug
B can't be fixed without bug A being fixed first. In case of RFS
bugs, they are fixed when the upload occurs, while the bugs that
the package itself fixes are fixed once the package gets accepted
(after the upload).

So the RFS bug blocking the ITP is actually correct. In your case,
someone was so nice to add the information that the RFS bug blocks
the ITP bug for you.

Hence: everything is fine, you don't need to do anything further
until someone gets a chance to review your package.

Regards,
Christian