Re: managing patches

On 2016-07-04 06:23, Herminio Hernandez Jr wrote:
> I have a question regarding managing patches. I am wondering is there
> a way to merge multiple patches into one or is there way to rollback
> from a patch?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "rolling" back from a patch (that's
probably something for a Vcs, or quilt(1)), but regarding the merge: it
sounds as if you're looking for combinediff(1), from package patchutils.

If you're using git, you might want to look at the "git rebase -i" and
"git merge --squash" commands.

If you're using quilt, "quilt fold" might also be helpful.

Regards,
Christian