Re: Proposing patch for packages, affected by transition

Hi Dmitry!

>Recently, I took over gdbm package and got new version into
>experimental. Now I work on fixing reverse dependencies FTBFS.
>
>Given I have patch for one of rdependency (camldbm, namely). What now?
>Should I ask maintainer to apply it and make upload into experimental?
>Or something else?

[1]

open bugs against the affected packages, severity important, tags patch
and mention that it will become RC when the transition starts.

Do you have a wider view about how many packages are affected by rebuild issues?

the -2 version should make probably all of them build correctly if I'm not wrong.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

thanks!

G.