ITA for an abandoned package: evolver case

Hello All,

since a while I [0] have wanted to update the [surface] evolver package [1,2]
because I used it a few years ego [and because I may use it a gain sooner or later]:
I try to contact several times the current maintainer in view to get
the package officially orphaned before any ITA submission.
So far, I got no feed back. The package is clearly abandoned.
Is there any Debian authority that have the permission to orphan it ?
If not, what can be done ?

Thanks,
Jerome

[0] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=calculus%40rezozer.net&buildd=1