Re: dh_install globbing

* Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>, 2016-05-30, 18:27:
I want dh_install to install according following globbing:

	src/doc/*[a-z].html /usr/share/doc/runit/html

(There is also html pages in form foo.1.html, which duplicate man pages. I do not want to install them.)

But it does not work -- nothing is installed. dh_install(1) does not specify glob rules, but plain star (src/doc/*.html) works.

The rules are documented in debhelper(1) manpage: “you can use standard shell wildcard characters (? and * and [..] character classes) in the [config] files”.

Even if [] wasn't supported, in compat >=5 dh_install is supposed to fail if wildcard expands to nothing.

Can you show us the source package, so that we can see what's going on?

--
Jakub Wilk