Re: add missing pristine-tar

Hi Nico,

On 20 May 2016 at 08:10, Nico Schlömer <nico.schloemer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the hint.
> Unfortunately, it's not working dpt picks up an older version that already
> is in pristine-tar and adds another commit for it (bug?), but leaves out the
> version for which there is no pristine-tar.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I'm not really sure if I understood your problem, but "pristine-tar
commit" accepts a last optional argument where you specify the git
branch/tag for which the tarball corresponds to. From the manpage:

pristine-tar [-vdk] [-m message] commit tarball [upstream]

This way you can add pristine-tar information for any tarball that you
may have, be it the latest or an older one. E.g.:

pristine-tar commit ../upstream-tarball-1.1.orig.tar.gz

or

pristine-tar commit ../upstream-tarball-1.0.orig.tar.gz upstream/v1.0

Regards,
Tiago.

--
Tiago "Myhro" Ilieve