Re: change of username

On 05/20/2016 03:40 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 05/20/2016 03:34 PM, Nico Schlömer wrote:
>> When I signed up some years ago, I got a user name with -guest appended. I
>> guess that was the policy at the time. In any case, how can I change that?
>
> You can get rid of the -guest suffix by becoming a DD or DM.

Actually, DD only, because you need a proper Debian account, and DMs
don't have that. (Uploads are checked against GPG keys.)

That said, speaking as a DM, the alioth username is mostly just for
how you configure your VCS access and login to the web interface, I
don't remember that account popping up anywhere else at all. Hence
I don't really see the big deal in the account name having -guest
at the end...

Regards,
Christian