Re: Adding runtime dependencies that aren't caught by shlibs:Depends

Hi Jens,

>Now, assuming that we really need all of them, but that there is no way
>to automatically add them: is there any way to compute the needed
>runtime dependency for a given builddep, in order to avoid hardcoding
>this list and update it with every soname change of a depended upon
>package?

unfortunately I think there isn't a way.

BTW if you do dlopen of a library, there is no guarantee that the latest release will work,
so even if such a way would exist, it won't be the safe thing to do.
shlibs:Depends guarantees that the correct library is picked up at runtime, and if you want
to dlopen it I guess the only way is to manually runtime-depend on the library itself.

(we had the same libpng related discussion before on #820566 I think)

Gianfranco