Which libstdc++ library?

Hi,

I have a package (dpuser [1]), that during execution may call the c++
compiler g++ for some on-the-fly-generated C++ files that use the
standard C++ library.

I am now curious on how I need to specify the runtime dependency from the
-dev library? The C++ compiler is probably just the "g++" package, but how do
I specify the corresponding stdc++ lib?  Using libstdc++-5-dev is not
nice since it will break if the default gcc switches to version 6 (and
also if on some backport version 4 is required). Or is the correct
libstdc++-dev package automatically installed with g++?

Best regards

Ole

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/dpuser.git/